Temporary Cessation – QFRS Basegrade Firefighter Applications
1 August 2013
The QFRS Basegrade Firefighter Recruitment process is very competitive with large numbers of applicants vying for a relatively small numbers of positions to meet the current and expected rates of attrition.
The Commissioner QFRS has called a temporary cessation to the receiving and processing of new Basegrade Firefighter applications. This means that:
- New applications received and postmarked 1 August 2013 or later will be returned to the individual who submitted the form.
- Applications already submitted and postmarked 31 July 2013 or earlier will be processed.
- Active applicants who maintain the currency of their application will not be affected by this change.
The Commissioner will re-evaluate QFRS’s position on this temporary arrangement in June 2014 or earlier should circumstances dictate.
NOTE:- This temporary change does not affect:
- Auxiliary Firefighter Recruitment
- Station Officer Employment
Last updated 11 October 2013