Responsibility for QFES Firefighter recruitment has transitioned to the Public Safety Business Agency (PBSA).
Applications are now closed for 2016 courses.
If you wish to make application for 2017 you will need tohave:
- A willingness to be allocated to any employment location within Queensland. Successful applicants will be given the opportunity to indicate preferences and provide supporting documentation for consideration in the allocation process. The employment location allocation will be notified at the time of Offer of Appointment
- The ability to undertake recruit training at the School of Fire and Emergency Services Training at Whyte Island in Brisbane and to complete the Recruit program in its entirety.
- The ability to undertake a BEEP test at a Police Citizens Youth Club (PCYC). Whilst Level 8.6 is the MINIMUM standard for eligibility to progress in the process, applicants should be aware that your BEEP test will be completed to your capability (i.e. to failure) and may contribute to merit in the selection process);
- The ability to successfully complete the Queensland Physical Abilities Test (QPAT1) Firefighting is a physically demanding job. To successfully complete the QPAT1, applicants are required to demonstrate levels of aerobic fitness, muscular strength and endurance commensurate of the duties of a firefighter. It is important the appropriate level of fitness are achieved and maintained to enable successful completion of this assessment.
- A willingness to travel to Brisbane for up to FIVE days if necessary to undertake various assessments including (1) an Interview and (2) Assessment of Psychological Suitability. (Please note: This will only be required for applicants who are competitive in the process and following completion of the BEEP test. Only applicants who successfully complete each assessment will progress to the next phase of the selection process). (There will be no cost for applicants to undertake assessments, however applicants will be required to arrange travel and accommodation at your own expense);
- That you are the current holder of a Medium Rigid (Class MR) licence or the ability to obtain a MR licence by the identified dates; and
- That you are the holder of a current Apply First Aid and Advanced Resuscitation qualification or the ability to obtain these qualifications by the identified dates.
To be eligible to apply to the Queensland Fire and Emergency Services as a recruit, applicants must meet pre-requisite requirements.
- Have you successfully completed Year 12 High School education or an equivalent post school education or training recognised by QFES ?
- Do you have more than two years full time equivalent general work experience?
- Are you the holder of either:
- a manual Medium Rigid driver's licence;
- a manual C class driver's licence you have held for at least 1 year
- Are you an Australian citizen or permanent resident (this includes New Zealand citizens)?
Please check that you meet or will meet the minimum requirements prior to registering your interest below.
The following documents are provided to assist you in the application process:
- QFES - Certificate of Indemnity and Fitness Form
- QFES HR RECRUIT - Medical Standards
- QFES Operational Pay Rates - Effective as at 25 October 2015
- QFES Firefighter Recruitment FAQ
- QPAT1 - Information Guide
- QPAT Demonstration Videos
- QFES Key Assessment Dates and Information
PSBA Recruiting (QFES) can be contacted via:
|Phone:||07 3046 4763
07 3046 4762
|Postal:||GPO Box 339
BRISBANE QLD 4001
BRISBANE QLD 4001