The Queensland Fire and Rescue Service (QFRS) is a division of the Queensland Government Department of Community Safety (DCS) and the primary provider of fire and rescue services throughout Queensland.
QFRS services include:
- Workplace training and emergency management for industry
- fire fighting
- road crash and other technical rescues
- chemical and hazardous material management
- community fire safety awareness and education
- fire prevention and mitigation advice
- alarm management
- building fire safety inspections
- infrastructure and building safety services
- administering fire safety legislation compliance
- fire scene investigation
- disaster management response and recovery operations
A Booklet titled “Foundations of Queensland Fire and Rescue Service” describes the nature and scope of operations within the DCS framework by explaining how it is structured and how QFRS undertakes its role in protecting the community.
Last updated 11 April 2013